PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER/PROJECT MANAGER PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
- Location: Düsseldorf
We at Dr. Sturm are passionate about providing consumers with innovative solutions for skin, health and overall body's well-being. We are committed to developing innovative, high quality formulas and high quality products that improve the quality of skin and life for our customers.
We are currently recruiting for a Product Development Manager responsible for the product development from concept to final product and its commercialization, for mainly the categories Supplements, US-marked adjusted cosmetic developments, beauty devices and merchandise. The job is based in our headquarter in Duesseldorf.
The candidate will work within a small and powerful Development Team, consisting of another Product Manager and the Head of department. The ideal candidate has strong project management skills and works well with cross-functional teams. He/she works on category strategy and conception in collaboration with the Head. Is responsible for the development and management of all products within his/her category.
- Working closely with contract manufacturers.
- Developing formula claims by working closely with legal and contract partners.
- Creates product briefs including product concepts. Manages all steps from the idea to finished product: bulk trials and internal testing, batch approvals, price and contract negotiations, regulatory, technical information, packaging…
- Partners closely with Marketing, Operations, Supply Chain, Creative, Sales, Education and ensures key milestones are met for flawless launch execution.
- Serves as a technical expert to support customer service, intra-company education…
- Manufacturer sourcing.
- Prepare ingredient data sheets and presentations to support product launch
- Provide updates and timelines to cross functional teams.
- Problem solve throughout development of the formula, as well as after product launch.
- Communicates effectively and consistently in writing and verbally with partners and staff. Manages new and existing productions within category.
- Assist on data migration from different software
- Monitor and evaluate product performance. Drives necessary course correction to ensure quality and marketability.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, ABILITIES & ATTITUDE
- Highly motivated, creative and independent performer with the ability to operate in a fast-paced, and high-pressure environment.
- Bachelor degree required.
- 2-5 years of work experience.
- Prestige brand experience is a plus.
- Detail-oriented, problem solving, resourceful, able to juggle multiple projects.
- Shows initiatives to drive results and solve problems and always be counted on to assume ultimate responsibility for the projects within his/her category.
- Ability to read and understand scientific publications.
- Teamplayer: A team is not a group of people who work together. A team is a group of people who trust each other. (Simon Sinek)
- Strong sense of ownership and hands-on mentality.
- Passion for high-quality products.
- Positive and motivated.
- An understanding of the cosmetics/supplement business is not mandatory, but a plus.
- Enjoys a friendly working atmosphere within a supportive team within a fast-growing global company.
MARKETING PRODUCT MANAGER (F/M/D)
- Location: Dussledorf
This position is a creative product marketing role that includes multi-disciplinary go-to-market planning, product launches, demand generation for our German based Product line. Working alongside with the teams from Product Development, Sales, and Operations you will help to develop campaigns that drive high quality registrations and create brand awareness. While you ensure that your campaigns are executed with speed and quality. Reporting to the CMO, the Marketing Product Manager will ensure that all administrative aspects of the department are fully managed. A meticulous attention to detail and organizational skills with a sense of urgency are crucial for this role. Collaborating internally and externally in day-to-day operations with regards to all marketing, PR, creative and digital aspects of the Dr. Barbara Sturm brand, the Marketing Product Manager will be a strong brand ambassador, supporting all communications initiatives.
- Support the CMO with all departmental duties needed to effectively run the department
- Ensure effective execution of the global marketing plan by managing all marketing and communication efforts in coordination with the global CMO
- Closely collaborate with all teams to maintain a one Dr. Barbara Sturm voice and share responsibilities on integrated efforts, such as our digital and social presence
- Manage all sample and product requests for communication initiatives including all retailers. ensure approvals and timings are documented and audited
- Monitor stock quantities, re-orders and ensure the stock control of all samples are recorded and reported in timely manners
- Follow up on all strategic implementations of wholesale marketing activities including events support, gifting, online web assets, CRM and all press and marketing initiatives including reports and information sharing to all relevant stakeholders
- Liaise with numerous external stakeholders to organize events, sponsorship opportunities and any other marketing related initiatives
- Track stock levels of all digital and printed materials
- Keep stakeholders informed on product launch dates and manage the marketing calendar while working closely with the production team
- Liaise with the design team to brief and manage digital or printed marketing material such as EDM’s, product sheets, brochures and flyers etc
- Provide assets to the digital team to ensure it has all relevant brand updates
- Coordinate communication between the digital department, retailers and further key stakeholders
- • Be the guardian of the visual brand presentation across all communication channels while collaborating with marketing and the creative unit to ensure Global brand guidelines and visual standards are being adhered
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have minimum 3-5 years’ experience in luxury or beauty industry
- Must have marketing and PR background
- Strong interpersonal skills with a highly efficient, responsive manner combined with a sense of urgency
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with ability to articulate clearly and effectively, externally and internally
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi task and problem solving
- A proactive self-starter, who is results-oriented, with an entrepreneurial attitude
- Ability to self-motivate with efficient time-management and prioritization skills and to meet deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure and across all levels of seniority
- Must have hands on attitude
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills (Fluent in German and English)
WE OFFER YOU
We are a rapidly growing, economically healthy company with start-up flair, short communication and decision-making channels. With us you have a wide range of development opportunities and creative possibilities ahead. A dynamic, collegial, demanding and varied working environment offering many exciting challenges in an international environment. Have we called your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application. Please send us your complete application including your earliest possible starting date and your salary expectations to email@example.com.
Please be aware that due to the many applications we receive - if you do not hear back from us within three weeks we will delete your application according to the DSGVO.